Cleaning can be tough and hard work, and most of people just hate doing it. So why not make it easier for everyone with these 11 cleaning hacks!
Remove red wine stains
All you need to do is to apply salt to the stain, wait for some time and vacuum over it. The salt will pull the stain out of the material.
Remove ink from clothes
Spray some rubbing alcohol onto the stain and let it soak for around 15 minutes. Continue sponging and blotting the stain until no ink is released from the fabric.
Keep a refrigerator clean for longer
Line the shelves with parchment paper or cover them with fridge mats. And when they get too dirty, simply replace or wash them.
Remove scratches from dishes
Mix a tbsp of water and 2–3 tbsp of baking soda into a runny paste. Apply the mixture to the damaged plate or mug with your finger or a cleaning cloth. Then buff the dish to remove any scratches and clean it with a damp cloth.
Deal with a burned pan or pot
Take 2 lemons and cut them into pieces: you need to cover the whole bottom of the burnt pan. Add water to cover the bottom. Bring the water to a boil and then let it cool down and dump the water with the lemons out. All you have to do now is to lightly scrub the bottom with a brush and all the leftover grime will fall away.
Fix smelly towels
- Put the towels into your washing machine and add 1/2 cup of baking soda to them.
- Run a full wash and rinse cycle.
- Make sure that your towels are completely dry before putting them into your cupboard.
Clean windows and mirrors
Steep an extra-strong glass of black tea — for example, 3 bags in a 100-ml glass. Let it steep and cool for an hour. Transfer the brew to a spray bottle and apply it to the windows or mirrors you need to clean. Scrub with a newspaper and enjoy the result.
Clean stove burners and grates without scrubbing
- Take around 1/4 cup of ammonia.
- Seal it up with one of the burners in a Ziploc bag.
- Leave it for 8–10 hours.
- Clean the burner with a sponge and wash it with water.
Clean a coffee machine without expensive tablets
- Pour 2 cups of white vinegar into your coffee machine instead of water.
- Start a brewing cycle. During the process, you will see floating parts.
- Repeat the cycle with vinegar several times until there’s nothing left floating in the machine.
- Run the brewing cycle with water several times to rinse out the coffee machine.
Clean a sink
- Fill half of a small bucket or saucepan with vinegar and soak anything from the sink covered with soap, water spots, or toothpaste.
- Soak the sink surface with vinegar using a sponge. Leave it for up to 5 minutes.
- Scrub the entire surface of the sink toward the basin.
- Wipe the sink with a cotton cloth or paper towel.
- Scrub the items from the basket and dry them off.
Unclog sewage pipes
- Pour boiling water down the pipe.
- Add 1/2 cup of baking soda and leave it for several minutes.
- Pour a mix of 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of boiling water down your drain.
- Close the hole with a big rag and leave it for up to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, boil water.
- After 10 minutes, slowly pour the hot water down your drain.
Images source: brightside.me