Camping is a wonderful adventure, unless you are riddled with bugs, cold, wet or hungry. So here are some easy tips to ensure that your camping trip is a bug-free, comfy walk in the park! Just because you’re playing in the dirt, doesn’t mean you can’t be living in the lap of luxury. Make friends and influence people with your camping savvy!
1. Pack pancake mix into Ziploc bags. When you ready to make them, add water, seal the bag and knead to mix. Then just cut the bottom corner off the bag and pipe the mixture into your pan.
2. Use a lint roller when you come back from a hike to get all the ticks off.
3. Put your eggs in a mason jar and never worry about them cracking when they aren’t supposed to again!
4. Prepare your own toothpaste dots, instead of carrying a whole tube of toothpaste. Allow them to harden and then just put them into a waterproof bag.
5. To prevent your shoes from getting wet, rub some wax or paraffin over them.
6. Use a binder clip to protect your razor if you need it while camping.
7. Cotton balls impregnated with Vaseline are a perfect fire starter.
8. This is an easy one, but boy oh boy does it come in handy at the campsite! Simply fill up an old detergent bottle with water…place a water catcher below it and wash away!
9. Put your shoes in a basket to prevent insects from getting into them
10. Bring a shoe organizer along so that you keep all those camping essentials off the ground.
11. If you want to make camping with children fun and easy, make a bag with a list of things they need to find during the trip.
12. You can use cupcake liners or a piece of foil to protect your drinks from insects.
13. Here is how to make an easy DIY hanger yourself
14. A simple plastic container can keep your toilet paper dry and clean.
Images source: brightside.me