2. A lot of money was saved on special effects because of Jim Carrey’s flexibility and cartoonish body movements.
3. The bright yellow suit is based on the suit Jim Carrey’s mother used to make him wear while doing stand up comedy.
4. Originally, the Mask wasn’t supposed to talk and didn’t have any dialogues.
But Jim Carrey managed to suck his teeth in the mask and speak, making his character goofier.
5. The line “sorry, wrong packet” when the Mask pulls out a condom from his pocket was improvised.
6. The mechanics shop in the movie is the same location as the firehouse in Ghostbusters!
7. The Mask acts like several classic characters in the film like ‘Tasmanian Devil,’ ‘Pepe Le Pew,’ and ‘Buggs Bunny.’
8. “You love me, you really love me” These lines were a parody of the infamous moment.
9. Jim Carrey received $450,000 for ‘The Mask’ as compared to $7 million for Dumb and Dumber.
Both movies came out in 1994.
10. Jim Carrey opened a night club after the movie release and named it Coco Bongo after the night club in the movie.
11. When police surrounds Mask, he said “Where’s the camcorder when you need it” as a reference to Rhodney King beating.
12. Susan Boyd dubbed Cameron Diaz’s singing voice in the film.
13. The movie is based on a Dark House comic called “The Mask.”
The comic, however, was a lot more dark while the writers made the movie funny with comic scenes.
14. Loki is the God of Evil in the film, while in reality, Loki is the God of mischief.
15. The Mask exclaims “That’s a spicy meatball!” in reference to a famous Alka-Seltzer commercial.