1. The Phenomenon Known As Eminem
Eminem (Marshall Bruce Mathers III) is one of the most successful and most rewarded rappers in history.
2. The Only White Person To Appear On These Magazines
To this day, the only white person to appear on the covers of “XXL” and “Source” magazines is Eminem.
3. “Lose Yourself” Was The First Song To Win An Academy Award
Eminem wrote Lose Yourself for 8 Mile movie, which went on to win the academy award making it the first rap song to win it. He also missed the ceremony because he stayed at home with his daughter.
4. Why Is He Called Him Eminem?
His initials (M)arshall (M)athers make M and M were the inspiration for his “stage” name.
5. He Refused To Learn How To Use A Computer
He says that reading comments about him affects him greatly which is why he kept refusing to learn how to use a computer.
6. Eminem Failed 9th Grade Three Times
Before he decided to drop out of high school, Eminem failed 9th grade three times. He was always more interested in raping, not school.
7. His Dream Was To Become A Comic Book Artist
Rapping was not his first dream. When he was younger, he wanted to become a comic book artist and he spent a lot of time sketching.
8. He Has Several “Stage” Names
He has gone by a number of different stage names, each of them representing one of his personalities. Marshall Mathers is his “normal” self, Eminem is the rapper and Slim Shady is his angry side.