An optical illusion is basically “an experience of seeming to see something that does not exist or that is other than it appears.” Every time you experience it, you think, how did that happen? They have the power to trick your brain and leave you super confused. Take a look at our collection of the craziest optical illusions you’ll ever come across. Prepare to have your mind blown.
1. These dots seem to change color and orbit the center. But focus your eyes on a single dot – there’s no rotating or color change at all.
2. Similarly, stare at the cross in the center and watch the blank spot.
3. This park in Paris looks like it has a giant 3D globe… But it’s actually completely flat
4. These two orange circles are actually the same size.
5. Move closer and further back from the screen whilst focusing on the yellow circle.
6. Stare at the first photo for 30 seconds and then look at the picture of Inception below.
7. See the blue and green spirals? They are actually the same color, green. There is no blue color in this image. How cool is that?
8. The brown and ’orange’ squares in the center of the top-facing sides of these two cubes are the same colour.
9. These two blocks are the same color. Put your finger over the line.
10. Can you see the chessboard with black and white squares? The gray halves of both black and white squares are exactly the same color.
11. How many shades of colour are there here, if you exclude white? There are just two, pink and green.
12. Try as hard as you can but you can’t focus on either of the images.
13. Stare at the center of the colored version, then wait for it to change to black and white.
14. This one’s our favourite. Look at the four dots in the center of the image for 30 seconds. Then look at the ceiling and blink a few times. What do you see?
15. Look closely at the dot in the center of this image for a few seconds, the gray background will vanish.
Images source: wittyfeed.com