The movie “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” came out more than 10 years ago and everyone remembers the main actresses: Blake Lively, America Ferrera, Alexis Bledel and Amber Tamblin. America played Carmen Lovel. However, this actress is primarily remembered for the role of “Ugly Betty”. It’s time to look at how it looked before and after that period!
1. America Started Her Acting Career in High School. But she used Georgine, which is her middle name.
2. She was first seen on the Disney channel. It was a TV movie about a dancing group in high school. It was such a cute movie but not many people have seen it.
3. Her first serious movie role was in “Real women have curves”. She explained that the movie had many things to say about women’s body images and that it had a powerful message.
4. She moved on to popular TV shows. America appeared in one episode of “Touched by an Angel” and “CSI.”
5. She got her part in “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants”. She played a big role of a young high school girl named Carmen Lowell and won some awards for it.
6. She said that the movie was one of the most important ones in her career and that she loved the books it was based on.
7. According to America, the “Sisterhood” girls still keep in touch. They created a bond and remained friends for life.
8. Do you remember this famous scene? She talks to her father about her feelings, and it’s so powerful.
9. But everyone knows her because of “Ugly Betty”. Unfortunately, the show was canceled after 4 seasons. The fans were devastated!
10. Ferrera got numerous awards for playing Betty. She got an Emmy, a Golden Globe and a SAG award! There’s a rumor that the crew wants to make a movie based on this show!
11. Her busy schedule didn’t prevent her from taking part in the “Sisterhood” sequel. And it was awesome!
12. After that, she was on “The Good Wife”. It was a good decision after “Ugly Betty” got canceled.
13. She even got a role in an animated movie. She was a voice actor in “How to Train Your Dragon” and in the sequel. Here she is with Kit Harrington, who also had a role in it!
14. She is now a TV star and a producer! She is playing the lead role in her new show called “Superstore.” She also produces it.
15. Woah! There was an announcement that the third part of “Sisterhood” is coming soon. We can’t wait to see it! She looks stunning!
Images source: diply.com