People have been fascinated with time travel for a long time by now. There is something really amazing about the ability to travel back to witness past events from history. Or even better, to go forward in time to see what the future holds. Time travel is usually considered to the result of science fiction. Many people dream of it becoming reality, that still feels pretty far-fetched. While some are skeptical about time travel, others are true believe in it. Here are the stories from those who claim to have traveled in time… It’s up to you, whether you believe them or not!
1. Two women named Charlotte Moberly and Eleanor Jourdain published a book in 1911 about their time traveling adventures in the Petit Trianon (Marie Antoinette’s private retreat on the grounds of Versailles). They claim that they spoke with the beheaded queen.
2. In 2003 John Titor began posting on message boards about his alleged “time traveling” experience. He also added a photograph of a “trip” he took to 1941 of the re-opening of the South Fork Bridge in Gold Bridge, British Columbia.
3. In Charlie Chaplin’s 1928 film The Circus, a woman can be seen walking by the camera holding something that looks like a mobile phone to her ear. Is this a time traveler or a woman is just using an old-fashioned portable hearing aid?
4. In 1951 in New York City, a man wearing 19th-century clothes was hit by a car and killed. Police found his identity and discovered that he had gone missing… in 1876. The items on his person suggested that the man had traveled through time from 1876 straight to 1950. This urban legend was actually a short story published in a magazine in the 1950s.
5. Self-proclaimed prophet Billy Meier believes that he was abducted by aliens who took him to many different times and places. He claims that they introduced him to dinosaurs and Jesus Christ too.
6. In 2003, Andrew Carlssin was arrested for SEC violations. With an investment of just $800, Carlssin earned over $350,000,000. In a four-hour confession, he claimed that he traveled 200 years in the future.
7. In 2006 in Sweden, Håkan Nordkvist claimed to be transported to the year 2046 while repairing his kitchen sink. When he reached there, he shot footage of a man he believed to be his future self. Later, this was proven to be a commercial for a pension plan.
8. From 2001 to 2003, people all over the world began receiving emails from a man named “Bob White” who claimed to be a time traveler who had gotten stuck. In those emails he requested help accessing “Dimensional Warp Generator.” Those emails were eventually credited to Robert J. Todino, an infamous spammer.
9. Author Francois Brune in his 2002 book “The Vatican’s New Mystery,” claimed that the Vatican was in possession of a chronoviser, which is a device through which you could view past and future events. The Vatican, of course, denies its existence.
10. In April of 2013, an Iranian news agency reported that a 27-year-old scientist had invented a device which allows people to see into the future. However, the Iranian government has denied its existence!
While many of these stories about time travel were proven to be hoaxes, what about the ones that have yet to be explained? Wouldn’t it be great if time travel were possible? Where would you want to travel?
Images source: boredomtherapy.com