Trying to predict what the future will be like is always fun. As a kid, I used to love those Looney Tunes cartoons showing the home of the future with all the wacky inventions they could think of. Towards the end of the 19th century, various European artists imagined what the world of tomorrow (present-day) might look like. These predictions were printed on cigarette and packs and in chocolate boxes. While most of them are pretty far-fetched, it’s surprising to see how some of them actually came to be a reality!
1. Knowledge is beamed directly into children’s heads via headsets at school.
2. Barbers serve multiple clients at once using a single machine.
3. Flying taxis dot the city skies.
4. Flying firefighters can easily fight fires on any floor.
5. Flying policemen chase after aerial criminals.
6. Futuristic battleships attached to giant air balloons.
7. Farmers gather the harvest using automated devices.
8. Maids clean the house with electric scrubbing machines.
9. People travel on underwater buses powered by tamed whales.
10. Just a day at the giant eel races.
11. Reverse “fishing.”
12. Playing croquet on the sea floor.
13. People using airships as a common means of transport.
14. Blocks of houses transported by freight trains.
15. Amphibious railroads.
Images source: brightside.me